If you have a WordPress site, you’re probably always on the lookout for ways to make it stand out from the crowd. A simple yet effective way to make your website unique is by adding a favicon, or favorite icon. This small image will appear in the browser tab, giving visitors an immediate impression of your site. Keep reading to learn how to quickly and easily add a favicon to your WordPress site.
1. Spruce Up Your WordPress Site with a Favicon
Do you want to give your WordPress site a unique, identifiable touch? Then it is time to start thinking about adding a favicon. Favicons are small icons that display next to a website’s name in the address bar and tab. They are one of the first features visitors see when they arrive, making them a key part of your first impression.
Nowadays, it is really simple and easy to add a favicon to your WordPress site. All you need is an image file with a .ico, .png or .jpg format, 32×32 in size and a file size up to 80KB. Here are a few simple steps that can help you get started:
- Head over to your WordPress dashboard and select ‘Appearence’.
- Select ‘Customize’ and move on to the ‘Site Identity’ tab.
- Search for the ‘Site Icon’ section and upload your favicon.
- Don’t forget to hit ‘Save & Publish’!
Once the favicon is uploaded, it is officially part of your WordPress site. Now it’s time for you to set it apart on the web and give it a unique identity.
2. An Overview of the Favicon Process
Creating a favicon for your website is key to giving it a professional look and feel. The process doesn’t have to be complicated, and once you have your favicon file, it’s easy to implement it. Here’s a quick overview of the process.
- Step 1: Create the Image – Choose an image or design a simple one. The size should be 16×16 or 32×32 pixels and you should save it as a .ico file.
- Step 2: Name and Upload – Name the icon file “favicon.ico” and upload it to the root of your website’s directory.
- Step 3: Link It Up! – Add the following HTML link code in between thetags of your webpages:
Once you’ve gone through those three steps, your favicon should be appearing in your visitors’ browsers. Keep in mind that if you ever decide to change your website’s favicon, you’ll need to go through these steps again.
3. Simple Steps for Setting Up a Favicon of wordpress
Having a distinct favicon for your website is key to improving overall user experience and making sure your website stands out from the rest. Follow these simple steps to set up a favicon for your website so it looks great and works properly on all devices.
- Step 1: Create an icon – Create an appropriate icon with an image editor such as Photoshop to match your website’s colour scheme, logo, or other branding. Favour square images with a minimum size of 16×16 pixels.
- Step 2: Convert the icon – Convert the image you created into an icon. Thankfully, there are many icon convertors available online – that can compress the file size and create all the necessary variations for all supported devices automatically.
- Step 3: Upload the icon – The final step is to upload the icons to your website directory, save them as “favicon.ico”, and then link them from the page’s header.
With these three simple steps, you can easily create an original and beautiful favicon for your site, helping to set your website apart from all the rest.
4. Ready, Set, Customize! WordPress
Now that you know what your website should look like and the necessary pages it must contain, it’s time to give it life with customizations. Last comes the fun part of customizing the font, colors, photos, videos and pages to create the finished product.
Look at what’s possible with easy, online customization tools and play around with different looks that match your vision. From headers, backgrounds, buttons and more, you can create a unique look and feel in minutes using drag-and-drop customizers. Try adding:
- A creative logo to set the tone and symbolize your business
- Beautiful background images that help tell your story
- Interesting colors to draw the user in
- Videos to create meaningful experiences
- Simple icons that give your website a nice touch
With a little creativity, you’ll bring your website vision to life and draw customers in. Adding a favicon to your WordPress site is a great way to personalize your page and make it stand out from the crowd. Give your site a professional and memorable look with just a few clicks of your mouse and take your site to the next level!
Need a website for your business?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress and can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.