It’s the digital age, and if you want your website to stand out from the rest, it needs to follow the modern trends. Have you ever wanted a share-friendly floating bar on your WordPress website? It’s easier than it may seem! Here are some simple steps to add a stylish floating share bar to your WordPress website.
1. Get Started With Adding a Floating Share Bar in WordPress
Adding a floating share bar to your WordPress website is an easy way to quickly increase the reach of your content. There are several plugins and manual steps to add a floating share bar. Here we will look into manual steps to add a floating share bar.
The first step is to create a widget control function specific to your WordPress theme. This will tell WordPress where the share bar should float and how it should be styled, be it the background color or font size. To do this, you must access the functions.php file of your WordPress theme and add the following snippets of code:
- wp_enqueue_script – to link the jQuery library.
- wp_register_style – to link the external style sheet.
- register_sidebar – to create the widget.
- wp_enqueue_script – to load the script to the post.
- wp_enqueue_style – to connect the stylesheet.
Save the file and the floating share bar appears in all your posts. You can now adjust the position, color, and size of the share bar according to your preferences.
2. Create a Floating Share Bar in WordPress Using a Plugin
Setting up a floating social sharing bar in WordPress requires no coding skills. All you need to do is install a plugin. Here’s a quick guide to help you get started:
- Head to your WordPress dashboard and choose Plugins > Add Plugin.
- Make sure to search for the right plugin. We recommend a lightweight plugin like Really Simple Share. Select it and hit Install Now.
- Activate the plugin. You will now be able to see the Really Simple Share option on the left sidebar of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the Settings tab of the plugin and you will find a range of areas where you can customize the look, design, and placement of your floating sharebar.
- Make sure to connect your social networks and sites, so people can easily share your content.
- Once you are done customizing your sharebar, click Save Changes and you will immediately see your floating sharebar the next time you reload your website.
Before publishing the sharebar, you can use the Preview feature to see how the sharebar will appear on your website. This helps you to adjust your settings if needed. Once you are 100% satisfied, hit the Publish button and your floating sharebar will be visible to your readers.
3. Utilize Simple Shortcodes for a Floating Share Bar
Adding a floating share bar is one of the easiest ways for you to promote your business to the world. Shortcodes provide an easy and efficient way to add a floating share bar to your website. All you need to do is copy the simple shortcodes into your HTML page and you’re set.
Simple shortcodes help you create a beautiful and lightweight floating share bar in no time. You can customize and personalize the share bar in various forms, icons, and sizes. The shortcodes embed a powerful, responsive share bar to your page and you can even incorporate items like Facebook likes, Google +1s, and Twitter followers.
- Customize and personalize the share bar with various forms, sizes, and icons.
- Copy simple shortcodes into your HTML page.
- Incorporate items such as Facebook likes, Google +1s, and Twitter followers.
- Sturdy and lightweight floating share bar.
4. Optimize Your Floating Share Bar for Maximum Visibility
Once you’ve picked a great position for your floating share bar, it’s time to make sure it is as visible as possible when users visit your page. Take these steps to optimize your bar for maximum visibility:
- Adjust the Size – Make sure it is big enough for users to easily identify, but also not so big that it takes up a lot of valuable page space.
- Choose the Right Colors – You want a share bar that stands out from the rest of your page, so opt for colors that contrast nicely for better visibility.
- Consider Enticing Animation – If users appear to hover over your share bar, would it make sense to add an animation to draw even more attention?
In addition, use A/B tests to make sure you’re getting the best results from the placement and design of your share bar. Through testing, you can learn how your visitors interact with different positions and colors to further optimize the placement of your bar.
Did you find this article helpful in understanding how to add a floating share bar in WordPress? Share it with friends and colleagues who might benefit from this tutorial. Don’t forget to take advantage of this useful tool yourself and spread the word about your website. Go out there and start sharing!
Need a website for your business?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress. And can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.