Do you need to update the author of your WordPress post? It can be a tricky task – especially if you are not quite sure how to go about it. Thankfully, with the help of a few simple steps and a bit of tweaking, you’ll be successfully switching out authors in no time. Read this article to get the full scoop on how to easily and quickly change the author of a WordPress post.
1. Discover the Benefits of Changing a WordPress Post’s Author
Change your WordPress Post’s Author and Unlock Maximum Flexibility
Making a change to the author of a post in WordPress can be a great way to unlock extra flexibility and make your website flow smoother.
As soon as you change a post’s author the post is automatically transferred over to the new author’s profile page. This helps to give your website and posts added dynamic since they are easily connected to the author’s biography.
Additionally, a post change in WordPress also comes with the benefit to create more content. For example, multi-authored website often use changing post authors to tackle content created on various topics. This way, website visitors can quickly go to the author page and find a range of interesting articles written by the same author.
- Receive more website traffic — A post author change can help to bring in more visitors to the website due to the blog’s inherent dynamic and the author page connections.
- Create more content — Changing post authors allows you to increase focus on certain topics, helping to produce more content with greater focus.
- Edit previous post — Making an author change on a post allows you to switch editing roles and make changes to previous posts easily.
2. Follow Easy Steps to Reassign the Post’s Author
Updating the author of a post is a straightforward task that requires only a few steps to complete. To start, find the post you’d like to modify. Then, in the admin section of your WordPress website, click on ‘Posts’, then ‘All Posts’. Here you’ll see a list of all posts belonging to the WordPress website. Locate the post you’d like to change.
Once you’ve done that, hover your cursor over the title of the post and click ‘Quick Edit’ from the list of options that appear. Here you will see the current author, along with other details associated with the post. To change the author, simply click on the current one to open the list of user names associated with the site. Select the new author and click ‘Update’ to save the changes. The post is now associated with the new user!
Some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Be mindful of who you assign the post to, making sure that the user has the necessary permissions to work with the information.
- Make sure that you’re making the change for the right reasons.
- Be sure to select ‘Update’ when you are finished to save the changes.
3. How to Modify the Post’s Author in a Few Simple Clicks
Making Changes Easily
Editing post authors is incredibly simple with the right know-how. All you need are a few clicks of your mouse. Here’s your step-by-step guide to simply and quickly update the author of your posts:
- From the WordPress dashboard, open the post you wish to edit the author for.
- Find the Publication control box, which is usually located near the top of the page.
- You will see a drop-down list of available authors. Select the one you would like to add as the post editor.
- Finally, click the blue Update button at the right-hand side of the post.
Voila! Your post author has been updated. A few moments of your time can save hours of headaches if the wrong author is designated. Plus, you can always update the author anytime if need be. That’s the beautiful thing about WordPress. All you have to do is follow these simple steps and you’re good to go.
4. The Convenience of Editing Posts with Multiple Authors
- Editing posts that have multiple authors is a tricky endeavor for most websites, but fortunately there are editing tools that make it much easier.
- When it comes to making changes to posts written by several different writers, editing tools provide a convenient way to collaborate on a single post.
Editing tools that accommodate multiple authors can be invaluable if you want to create a post with contributions from different writers. Instead of manually merging each contribution into a single post, you can use an editing tool to achieve this with relative ease. The editor can easily view the contributions by each author, allowing them to make changes without any overlap. This makes the entire process of creating and editing a post more efficient and enjoyable.
Having an editing tool with multiple authoring capabilities also makes it easier for posts to gain approval as well. After making any necessary changes, the editor can quickly review and approve the post from one place. This ensures that all of the authors involved in creating the post have had the opportunity to review and approve any changes. Additionally, using an editing tool like this provides peace of mind as changes are recorded, making it easier to identify who has contributed to the post. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should now have the confidence to successfully change the author of a WordPress post. Let’s remember that while technology can be daunting, with the right guidance, it can also be incredibly simple. So why not grab a cup of tea and put your new WordPress author know-how to work!
Need a website for your business?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress. And can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.