Sorting, organizing and categorizing products can be a daunting task for eCommerce store owners. But with the help of WooCommerce platform, it’s possible to create custom product sorting option to make it easier for customers to find the items they are looking for. In this article, we’ll take you through the simple steps of how to create a custom product sorting by date in WooCommerce. Get ready to say goodbye to the traditional way of manually sorting every product!
1. Unlock the Power of Custom WooCommerce Product Sorting
You’re staring at a jumble of products on your WooCommerce storefront and feel like you’re searching for a needle in a haystack. How do you make sense of this so customers can find exactly what they’re looking for without getting lost in a sea of items?
Custom sorting is the answer. With a few simple adjustments you can unlock its power and give shoppers the magical experience they’ve been craving. Here’s some of what you can do:
- Filter products by price or relevance
- Organize items by top sellers or latest releases
- Reorder elements such as images, titles, or text
- Transfer product orders to custom category pages
- Best of all, create unique sorting experiences for specific customer groups
The beauty of custom WooCommerce product sorting is that you can tailor the site to meet the exact needs of your visitors. Smart design, thoughtful recommendations, and improved personalization are all features you can embrace to delight customers and bolster sales.
2. Organize Your Inventory and Boost Your Shop’s Visibility
Have you ever found yourself lost in a pile of items you want to list in your online store? It’s easy to fall behind on inventory management and end up with a cluttered shopfront. Don’t worry, there are several easy steps you can take to .
- Organize listings: Categorize items into groups, break further into subcategories and create tags for easy searching. Keep related items together and make sure each type is grouped correctly.
- Strategically label products: Label your products with descriptive words so customers can find what they are looking for. Aim to use words that accurately describe each item.
- Update product information: Keeping product descriptions up-to-date and accurate helps customers identify products quickly. Make sure you include clear images and accurate measurements.
- Optimize shop layout: Consider how customers move through your shop and use that information to design a flow that encourages shoppers to explore. Add search bars and filtering options to help customers find what they need quickly.
These easy steps will help you . Make sure you keep your shopfront looking neat and organized, with plenty of options to find what they’re looking for quickly. Your customers will thank you!
3. Create a Custom Product Sorting by Date in 4 Simple Steps
Step 1: Sort by an Appropriate Attribute
The first step is to decide which attribute should be used to sort the products. In some cases, this could be the product category. In others, it could be the date the product was listed or released. Select the best attribute for what you need to accomplish.
Step 2: Create a Database Query to Sort by Date
Next, you’ll need to set up a database query to sort the products by the chosen attribute in ascending or descending order. Start by constructing a basic SQL query. Add the clause to select the attribute and the sort order you need. Also, decide whether you want to show only products with a certain attribute or include all of them.
- Build a basic SQL query
- Add the ORDER BY clause
- Choose an Attribute
- Select a Sort Order
Step 3: Adjust the Product Listing Settings
Once the query has been built, the product listing settings should be adjusted. Begin by adding a filter for the attribute you used for sorting. Activate the filter and set the sorting options for the attribute. Finally, adjust the product listing settings to remove any default sorting options.
- Add a filter for the sort attribute
- Set the sorting options
- Activate the filter
- Remove default sorting options
Step 4: Test and Confirm the Results
When the settings have been adjusted, test the custom product sorting and confirm that the results are correct.
- Test sorting
- Confirm the results
- Check all products
- Verify sorting is correct
4. Get Creative with Your Sort Options and Feel the Difference
Getting creative when it comes to sorting your data can make a huge difference in the accuracy and efficiency of your processes. Here’s how:
- Try customizing your sort options to create a unique base for analysis.
- Sort data in multiple ways to quickly uncover meaningful insights.
- Organize information in new and different ways to explore various angles.
By utilizing a creative approach to sorting your data, you can gain an entirely new perspective. Your efforts will reveal effective solutions, uncover fresh ideas, and refine outcomes and So go ahead and get creative. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn!
In conclusion,If you’ve followed the aforementioned steps and feel confident that your custom product sorting is now configured to your satisfaction, it’s time to put it to the test! Take a look at your WooCommerce store and see if you have achieved the desired effect for customers who will likely appreciate having a more organized and efficient shopping experience. Have fun and happy sorting!
Need a Website?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress and can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.