If you’re looking to give your WordPress site a sleek, modern look, you may want to consider disabling the admin toolbar. The admin toolbar can be an eyesore and a distraction, cluttering up the front end of your website. Fortunately, with a few clicks, you can deactivate the admin toolbar and give your website a sophisticated, professional look. Read on to learn how to disable the admin toolbar in WordPress with ease.
1. Benefits of Disabling WordPress Admin Toolbar
The most popular projects in the world like WordPress have plenty of features to offer. Among these features, the Admin Toolbar can be quite convenient to easily navigate through your Dashboard. But in certain situations, people might prefer to disable this toolbar for the following benefits:
- Enhanced Security: Getting rid of the Admin Toolbar for non-administrators can help secure your website against malicious access and incompatible plugins as attackers cannot access the list of access points.
- Remove Unnecessary Screen Space: The Toolbar can take up quite some space, which can disrupt a streamlined Admin Dashboard experience.
- Simplifies Interface: Not everybody might be familiar with the Admin Toolbar, so disabling it makes your WordPress platform easier to access.
Disabling the Toolbar may be the right decision if your website requires high-level security and compressed user space, however, if this feature is essential to you, make sure to only give access to trusted admin users to ensure the safety of your WordPress site.
2. Simple Steps to Disabling the Admin Toolbar
The Admin Toolbar on WordPress websites can be a great convenience—all the important links in the same place. But at times, it can be a distraction and take up valuable space. Fortunately, disabling the Admin Toolbar is easy and requires no coding. All you need to do is:
- Go to users on the left menu in the dashboard
- Select the user you want to change
- Go to the Toolbar option and untick Show Toolbar when viewing site
- Save the changes
And you’re all done! No more Admin Toolbar obscuring the top of your website. If you ever want it back, just repeat the steps and check the box. It’s that simple.
3. Potential Risks for Deactivating the Admin Toolbar
Deactivating the Admin Toolbar might seem like a risk-free solution, but this is not necessarily the case. The toolbar serves several important functions that may cause disruption and productivity losses without its presence.
Here are some of the primary risks to consider before deactivating the Admin Toolbar:
- Productivity Loss – Without the Admin Toolbar enabled, users can no longer quickly and easily access their administrative functions. This can lead to slower task completion or the need to spend more time researching and accessing the necessary tools.
- Data Loss – As the Admin Toolbar has access to several important data elements, losing access to it can result in data being deleted or overwritten. This may result in critical information being lost or unavailable.
- Customer Experiences – Without the Admin Toolbar, customers may experience delays when making their purchases or accessing features. This can lead to poor customer experiences and poor customer satisfaction.
Risks that come with deactivating the Admin Toolbar may lead to significant losses in both efficiency and profits. Companies should carefully consider the benefits and risks before making a decision.
4. How to Re-Enable the WordPress Admin Toolbar
Are you missing your WordPress admin toolbar, and need it back? Fear not, because we’ve got your back and have your solution! Here’s a conveniently compiled list of steps to help you get the WordPress Admin Toolbar back faster than a speeding bullet:
- Log into your WordPress Administrator account
- Click on the ‘Users’ tab from the left sidebar
- Click on your User Profile name.
Once in the User Profile section, you will see a Toolbar option below your profile info. All you have to do is select the ‘Show Toolbar when viewing site’ checkbox, and voila! Your WordPress Admin Toolbar will magically appear!
Congratulations! By following the instructions above, you can now disable the WordPress Admin Toolbar and make the most of various features for the benefit of your website. You can have the peace of mind that comes with secure navigation and hassle-free user experience. Enjoy your new WordPress adventure!
Need a website for your business?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress. And can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.