Are you looking for a way to give the customers of your ecommerce store the chance to pre-order your upcoming products? With the power of WooCommerce, you can now make it easier than ever for customers to purchase an item before it’s even released! This article will provide you step-by-step instructions on how to set up a product pre-order system in WooCommerce, helping to ensure that your customers receive their desired product as soon as it’s available. Let’s get started!
1. Get Ready to Launch Your Pre-Order Product
Set Up a product Pre-Order option
- Be prepared – Have everything on hand to ensure your pre-order launch is a success.
- Check the readiness of your product. Make sure it’s compliant with any prerequisites or regulations.
- Test the ordering process & delivery before the launch date.
- Set up the payment gateway for transactions.
It’s game time and you want to make sure your pre-order launch goes off without a hitch. Prior to launching your product, take some time to make sure you have everything in its place. Test out the ordering process and make sure the checkout process is user-friendly. Equip yourself with a payment gateway to handle the transactions smoothly.
Additionally, investigate whether your product needs to meet any requirements to be released. Keep an eye out for any rules or regulations that need to be met in order to be listed. Make sure any necessary paperwork or mechanisms are in place. Finally, devote time to ensure that your delivery system is ready and can handle an influx of orders. It’s time to get ready, launch and have a successful pre-order!
2. Utilizing WooCommerce for Your Pre-Order
Setting Up a Pre-Order
Setting up a pre-order in WooCommerce is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is take the following steps:
- Add the product or products you wish to offer as a pre-order to your store
- Create a Pre-Order product category
- In the Pre-Order category, set the “Availability” field to “On Backorder”
Once you’ve done these three things, your pre-order is ready to go. Customers can now browse your pre-order product page, and make their order. You can also set up discounts, or make it so that you’re only taking a limited number of pre-orders.
If you’re offering more than one product as a pre-order, it’s important to think about how you’re going to manage the pre-order process. Fortunately, WooCommerce gives you a few options to help you manage your pre-orders. You can add pre-order opening and closing dates, add a limit to the number of pre-available orders, and also restrict access to certain customers.
You can also create custom messages for customers who have purchased pre-orders. This way, customers know exactly when their orders will be ready to be shipped, and how much progress has been made. This is a great way to keep your customers informed, and make sure they’re satisfied with their purchase.
3. Set Up a product Pre-Order option in WooCommerce
Enabling pre-orders in your online store can be a great way of helping to increase sales. With WooCommerce, setting up pre-orders is a straightforward process. Here are the three simple steps you need to take to get up and running with pre-ordering:
- Enabling pre-orders: Log in to your WordPress dashboard, go to ‘WooCommerce’ and then click on ‘Settings’. From here, you need to click on the ‘Products’ tab and then select the ‘Pre-Orders’ section. Here, you can tick the box to enable pre-orders, and also specify the time at which customers can expect to have the item delivered.
- Setting up a product for pre-order: The next step is to choose which product you want to offer as a pre-order. Head over to the ‘Products’ area in the left-hand side menu of your dashboard, and select the item you want to make available for pre-order. When you’re editing the product, look for the ‘Enable Pre-Order’ button and click it. You can choose which release date you want to give customers, giving them a better indication of when they will actually receive the product.
- Testing: Finally, make sure you thoroughly test the checkout process so you can be sure your customers are having a smooth pre-order experience. Check to make sure everything works as it should, including notifications sent to customers when a pre-order is made, the release date specified and the item delivery. Note down any changes you need to make and carry these out before fully launching.
Once you’re happy with the setup, that’s it! You’re now ready to start selling pre-orders on your WooCommerce store – good luck!
4. Unleashing Your Pre-Order to Your Customers
Sharing your pre-order directly with your customers
According to statistics, 9/10 customers are more likely to buy a product if they have found out about it from a friend. Taking advantage of this opportunity and leveraging the power of word of mouth could hep you promote your product quickly and effectively.
Creating a network of pre-order customers can benefit you in various ways. Your audience can provide you feedback and help you enhance the product during the pre-order phase itself. What’s more, these pre-order customers can spread the word about your product across the market like wildfire.
- Share personalised early access links with podcast hosts, bloggers, and other influencers
- Create personalised teaser videos to your pre-order customers
- Send out emails to your contacts hyping your pre-order offers
- Host webinars and live events showcasing your product
- Encourage your passionate customers to post about your product on social media
At the end of the day, don’t forget to thank your pre-order customers, who have been supporting you from the start, for their revolutionary trust and patience in you.
Are you ready to launch your new pre-order feature? Through the power of WooCommerce, you now have the ability to give customers the chance to get your product before it’s even available. Ultimately, offering a pre-order option can create a sense of anticipation and excitement for an upcoming product launch. Let’s get those orders rolling in!
NEED A WEBSISTE for set up a product pre-order option
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress and can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message. We will work closely with you to understand your needs and goals, and provide recommendations for design and functionality based on our expertise.