WordPress provides a user-friendly interface for creating and editing content, and allows users to easily add features and functionality through the use of plugins and themes. It is highly customizable and can be used to create a wide variety of websites, including blogs, e-commerce stores, portfolios, and business websites.
How to start your own website?
To build your own website, you will need a domain name and WordPress hosting. A domain name is your site’s address on the web, like google.com. Web hosting is the storage for all your website files. We recommend using Bluehost for web hosting. They are one of the largest hosting companies in the world, and an official WordPress recommended hosting partner.
Have you ever had the disappointment of having a product go out of stock when customers are eager to buy? If you’re running a WooCommerce store, you can set up a waitlist for out-of-stock products so that customers can add their names and be notified when the item is back in stock. Learn how to make the most of this tool and keep those customers engaged.
1. Setting Up a Waitlist in WooCommerce
Using WooCommerce to manage an online store requires some time to set up, but it’s worth the effort for the added convenience, features, and customer satisfaction. Waiting lists are an important element customers love, and with WooCommerce it’s easy to set up and use. Here’s how:
- Install the WooCommerce waitlist plugin: This plugin is available for free and automates the waitlist setup within your store. You just need to download, install, and activate it in your WordPress dashboard.
- Set up the waitlist menu items: The plugin adds a new menu item under the WooCommerce section, where you can create waitlist entries and manage them.
- Add the waitlist form to the product page: When the customer wants to be added to the waitlist for a particular product, they just need to fill in the form available on the product page.
That’s all you need to set up a waitlist. Once you’ve done the initial setup, you can customize the settings for the plugin and make the necessary changes for your use cases.
2. Capitalizing on Your Out-of-Stock Products
Doing a successful business in the retail industry means always staying one step ahead of the game. While stockouts are inevitable, you should also use them to your advantage. Here are some other ways to capitalize on out-of-stock products:
- Provide updates and notifications to capture sales: use the anticipation of restocking to keep customers interested in products they have indicated they are ready to purchase when the product comes back in stock.
- Encourage customers to try something else: suggest customers take a look at other similar items in your inventory, or use this as an opportunity to attract them with a new item.
- Promote brand loyalty: when a customer has to wait for a product they desperately want, it’s the perfect time to thank them for their patience and offer them some type of reward for their loyalty.
At the end of the day, it’s not just about stockouts – it’s how you handle them that counts. Taking the opportunity to highlight other products, thank your customers and build brand loyalty during a time of out-of-stock product can pay big dividends.
3. The Benefits of Implementing a Product Waitlist
Having a product waitlist is a strategic tool all businesses should consider implementing. It provides an opportunity to build hype, drum up curiosity, and inform customers at the same time. Below are just some of the benefits of running a waitlist for your product.
- Increased demand. As soon as the waitlist is opened, the demand for the product usually goes up. This can be due to pent up curiosity and the desire to be among the first to purchase or use the product. Furthermore, by setting the right tone for the launch, you can make sure that the interest around the product is sustained.
- More effective marketing. Use the list of users to market your product more effectively. Start sending email newsletters and other announcements early, instilling even more curiosity. Moreover, you will get more precise insights into customer preferences and can modify the product to better serve the needs of its future users.
Involving customers in this way can become a great source of feedback. With the help of a waitlist, customers can discover the product, share their insights, and voice their desire to use it. For a well-promoted waitlist, such interaction can result in a powerful boost in demand on launch day.
4. The Steps to Creating a Product Waitlist in WooCommerce
To create an effective product waitlist in WooCommerce, the following steps must be taken:
- Activate the plugin to enable waitlist functionality.
- Place a “Notify Me” button or link in the product pages.
- Create a signup form for waitlist subscribers.
- Integrate the product with the waitlist.
Once the product is activated, customers can sign up for the waitlist by filling out the form. This will allow them to receive updates about product availability. Additionally, customers can also be notified about special offers or discounts that are available. Once a customer has been added to the waitlist, they will remain on the list until they receive notification of product availability or until they decide to unsubscribe.
Need a website for your business?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress and can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message. We will work closely with you to understand your needs and goals, and provide recommendations for design and functionality based on our expertise.
In addition to design, we can also provide optimization services for search engines, responsive design for mobile devices, and integration with social media platforms. Our goal is to create a website that not only looks great, but also delivers results for your business or organization. Let us help you take your online presence to the next level with our professional WordPress website design services.