Creating a great landing page in WordPress is an essential part of many digital marketing efforts. It’s an effective way to capture leads, drive sales, and promote your brand. If you’ve ever wondered how to create an awesome landing page in WordPress, you’ve come to the right place! This article will provide you with an easy-to-follow guide on crafting a landing page that captivates and converts. Let’s get started!
1. Get started with create a Landing Page in WordPress
WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) perfect for creating landing pages. There are dozens of pre-built WordPress themes, widgets and plugins that can be tailored to your needs – making the creation process hassle free.
To get started, you’ll need to sign up for a hosting account and install WordPress onto a server. Non-technical users can do this easily with a ‘one-click install’ offered through most hosting providers. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Choose & purchase your hosting package & domain name.
- Set up your WordPress site with the ‘one-click install’.
- Choose your favourite WordPress theme and install it.
- Customize your theme to match the style of your landing page.
- Add your content, images and call-to-action buttons.
- Add additional widgets to increase functionality, such as plugins for social media.
- Test & launch your new landing page.
Once you’ve completed each of these steps, your landing page will be ready to get in front of your target audience. How quickly you’ll get there depends on the features you’re looking to include in your page. But with WordPress, you can create an effective, polished landing page with ease.
2. Selecting the Best Design for your Landing Page
Designing a successful landing page involves much more than a splash of color or a few bold headlines. To stand out among the competition, you must construct a landing page that is both functional and aesthetically appealing. Here are a few tips to help you find the best design for your landing page:
- Think of your audience: Understand who will be viewing your webpage, and curate design elements accordingly. Is your landing page targeting a mature audience? Consider a classic layout with complimentary colors. Is your landing page gated content for tech-savvy professionals? Select a typographic-based design with futuristic graphics.
- Maintain the Flow: Ensure your page flows seamlessly from top to bottom by considering the placement of your visual elements. Your users should be able to scan the page and determine what action they should take naturally. Incorporate a visual hierarchy to guide users to your desired call-to-action by organizing elements by importance, and by utilizing different font sizes and colors to emphasize certain messaging.
- Optimize Legibility: Most people quickly scan a page before deciding to read it, so it is essential to design a page with easy-to-read text. Use large font for headings, and legible typefaces. Choose a font color that contrasts the background to ensure text is seen. If you incorporate graphics, ensure they are large and clear, otherwise your message will be lost in the busyness.
Be sure to keep track of all design elements and assess the success of the webpage regularly. Adjust elements as needed. Keep tabs on user feedback and track each variation’s success in order to make smart future decisions. The more data you have, the more effectively you can optimize the design of your landing page.
3. Make Sure to Optimize Your Landing Page for Conversions
Once you have a tried and tested landing page with compelling elements it’s time to optimize it for conversions. Start with refining the headline. The headline is the most crucial element for conversions, so make sure it speaks to your target audience in an engaging and effective way. Here are the some tips to tweak the headline:
- Keep the headline concise, clear and captivating.
- Don’t overwhelm your reader with heavy sentences.
- Include your unique selling point.
- Consider using an emotional trigger.
In the call-to-action, be direct and straightforward with what you want your reader to do. Keep the language positive, use action-oriented words, and center the CTA around the benefit they’ll receive. Here are a few helpful tips when designing the CTA:
- Use short and punchy statements.
- Ensure the text of the CTA is legible.
- Make sure the button stands out.
- Include a powerful word like ‘Discover’ or ‘Unlock’.
4. Driving Traffic to Your Newly Built Landing Page
You’ve put in a ton of work and you have now prepared the perfect landing page. But, the job is not complete yet. The main purpose of your landing page is to increase conversions, and to ensure that it can do this job, it is important to drive the right kind of traffic to it. Here are some great ways to bring visitors to your newly built landing page:
- Use paid ads – Ads are the quickest way to get visitors to your page. If you want to get visitors immediately, then leveraging paid advertisements can be a great solution.
- Referral programs – One great way to drive traffic to your page is to offer an incentive for users who refer others to it. Everyone loves a freebie, and a referral program could be a great way to get people interested in your page.
- Blog content – Generate interest in your page by creating blog posts on related topics. Place a call-to-action at the end of the post and leave an inviting link to your page.
- Social media – Make sure to promote your page on social media. It is an easy way to redirect potential visitors to your page with a simple click of a button.
Apart from these methods, you can also collaborate with influencers or use email newsletters and notifications to amplify your reach. With the right mix of tactics, you should be able to drive the specific target audience to your landing page and ensure that it is successful.
You now have all the know-how to create a beautiful and effective landing page using WordPress.
If you follow the steps outlined in this article, you’ll have your page up and running in no time. Now it’s up to you to take the knowledge and use it to design the perfect persuasive landing page for your website. Just let the creative juices flow and you’ll be golden!
Need a website create a landing page in wordpress?
We offer affordable WordPress website design services that helps you create a powerful online presence. Our team of experienced designers has extensive knowledge of WordPress and can create a custom wordpress website design with elementor pro that perfectly reflects your brand and message.